My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

10.23.2003

Song in my Head: There's 50 ways to leave your lover...................Paul Simon

In Season: chestnuts, wild tastes, cheaper gas


Trauma's of My Childhood, part II


I mentioned here, that I was baptized, and made my communion, and confirmation in a Catholic Church on Long Island, NY. This is mostly true, except for the baptized part. You see, when I was 16 years old, my Mom, while reading Newsday one afternoon screamed "Oh my God". I'm like "What?" "The priest that baptized you was a phony, a fake priest". Do you want to get re-baptized?."

"Nah," I say. "God will understand".



Alter-Abled News

I belong to an e-group, for Nail-patella syndrome patients, and received this today from The Star Telegram

Legal marijuana smoker touts 'good medicine'

And from The Sac Bee

Man who ran pot co-op gets 3-year drug sentence


Speaking of health care, my Oregon Health Plan insurance runs out of the end of December. I won't have any health insurance in January, until Medicare kicks in, in February. The Oregon Health plan is going downhill. I have tried calling their customer help line a few times, and the line was always busy. Now I know why.

Part of the problem lies with state lawmakers, who initially threatened to wipe out the entire health-care program but in the end cobbled together enough cash to keep it going. But they're not about to fork over the estimated $500,000 needed to expand and upgrade the 16-line phone center, whose customer-service representatives each handle about 400 calls a week.

And then this morning I read this:

Bush opposes health plan for National Guard

The Bush administration is formally opposing a proposal to give National Guard and Reserve members access to the Pentagon’s health-insurance system, jeopardizing the plan’s future and angering supporters.(link)

Freak.

No comments: