My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

10.26.2003

Song in my Head: You... ...Telling me the things you're gonna do for me.........I aint blind and I don't like what I think I see. Taking it to the streets.......................Doobie Brothers

In Season: raking leaves, Warren Miller's Journey


Alter-Abled News

Living with the Pain of Tomorrow

AT 25, Lindsay Lunney has a stunning figure, long, slim legs and remarkable blue eyes.

Yet, by the time she is 50, she knows she will probably be in a wheelchair, her eyesight could be compromised and, unless some way can be found to control the osteoporosis now afflicting her, she could have a painful old age.

Yet, she worries less for herself than for her little daughter Taylor, who will be three on Christmas Day and to whom she has passed on Nail Patella syndrome (NPS), making them the only pair in Northern Ireland so far diagnosed with this rare, debilitating condition.
(link)

This is what I was born with, and yes, it hurts.


Sens. Kennedy, Kerry Support University of Massachusetts Marijuana Research Plan

Both U.S. senators from Massachusetts, Edward M. Kennedy and John F. Kerry, have asked the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration to approve a groundbreaking proposal from the University of Massachusetts Amherst to manufacture marijuana for FDA-approved medical marijuana research.

At present, all U.S. medical marijuana researchers are required to obtain marijuana for medical studies from the National Institute on Drug Abuse. NIDA's marijuana, grown on a farm in Mississippi, has been criticized for its poor quality, and many observers have complained that NIDA has made it unnecessarily difficult to obtain marijuana for research, impeding studies that could document medical benefits.
(link)

No proof of its medicinal value? Lets study it.


No comments: