My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

2.19.2004

Song in my head: Up on Cripple Creek she sends me.....If I spring a leak she mends me...The Band


In season: damaging pictures of Kerry, Howard's End


ALTER-ABLED NEWS

Ski lift for the spirits
Shriners Hospital ski trips expand horizons for disabled
alter-abled children and their families, too |link|



Mad cow discoveries may reveal new risks

Two previously undetected strains of prions could pose a threat to humans as severe as the bovine disease, scientists say

The discovery of two new strains of brain-destroying proteins, called prions, in slaughterhouse cattle has shaken one of the firmest conclusions about the nature of mad cow disease.


Have you had your McBSE, fries, and a shake today?

No comments: