My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

4.29.2004



Song in my head: I have become, comfortably numb..........Pink Floyd


ALTER-ABLED NEWS

As readers of my blog know I spend a significant amount of money each month for my various medications. (roughly 25% of my monthly income) So, when I read recently that Oregon was cracking down on businesses that assist patients like myself, to purchase cheaper drugs in Canada I was sufficiently outraged. A miffed Congressman DeFazio (D-Oregon) alerted Gov. Ted Kulongoski.

Drugstore crackdown miffs DeFazio

Congressman Peter DeFazio is protesting a state crackdown on businesses that help Oregonians get less expensive medications from Canada, and he challenged the governor to help.

"The Oregon Board of Pharmacy is cracking down on these drug outlets in the name of safety and protecting the health of Oregonians, but in reality the only thing they are protecting is the profits of the wealthy and politically connected pharmaceutical industry," the 4th District Democrat wrote in a letter to Gov. Ted Kulongoski.
|link|



No comments: