My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

5.04.2004



Song in my head: Old red wine, not worth a dime.......The Who


ALTER-ABLED NEWS

Study: U.S. Health Care Not Always Tops

A new study challenges a widely held view in the United States that Americans have the best medical care in the world.
|link|

Best? Ha! A country that makes disabled alter-abled people wait for 2 years before they are eligible for medicare (doctor visits)?? You can't work because you're sick and have no health care coverage for two long years. It makes no sense. None.


Reading is Phundamental

Ah, the pleasure of a book. Give me a delicious page turner to read in the sun on a weekday afternoon. Instead of working, there is a gap filled with books from the trashy to the great. It is not uncommon for me to have 2-3 books going at once. The past few days have been filled with rereading an old autobiography, first published in 1965, Yoga, Youth, and Reincarnation by Jeff Stearn. Jess' journey into the practice of yoga is led by Marcia Moore, a dynamic yogi, psychic, astrologer, mother, wife, and teacher. Last night , after finishing the book I was curious about Marcia Moore and googled her name. I found this article from this year. Much to my horror, I discovered that Marcia Moore was murdered in 1979 in the state of Washington. True Crime writer, Ann Rule considers her death one of the great unsolved crimes. She was married to her fourth husband at the time of her death. Her body has never been found; her head has been found with a single bullet hole.
Fascinating person, fascinating death.......

As Ann rule says....

Marcia Moore was a woman who lived her whole life on another plane," Rule said. "She was into yoga, reincarnation, and into drugs that would take her mind into another reality."



No comments: