My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

11.22.2004



Song in my head: I'll be down by the river....singing songs of joy on this lovely day... ...................Morgan Heritage


Confined Space, a blog about workplace safety is an excellent worker's safety advocacy site. They also compile and research a signifiant amount of workplace deaths here, at The Weekly Toll. I have a BS in environmental health and safety (Oregon State), and use this blog to channel the anger from my dad's workplace death. Unfortunately, some professions are inherently dangerous like my dad's profession, law enforcement. Quarterly, I receive a publication from American Police Hall of Fame. Lets remember some officers who risked their lives for public safety.......


Sgt Clfton Rife, Age:34

Washington, DC
Sgt. Rife was killed 6/2/04 during a robbery attempt. Survived by wife and 2 children.


Sgt. Bradley Crawford, Age 49
Vancouver, WA
Sgt. Crawford was killed 7/30/04 when his patrol car was intentionally rammed by a car fleeing the scene of a standoff. Survived by wife, 5 children and 3 grandchildren.


Officer Timothy Laird, Age 31
Indianapolis, IN
Officer Laird was shot and killed 8/18/04 after responding to a call of a man with a machine gun. Four other officers were shot and wounded. Survived by wife and 1 daughter.




No comments: