My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

1.06.2005


Song in my head: Revelation Man...Revelation Man...Hey, he's givin' you a number and takin' away your faith....ApologetiX


I'm one kneecap away from a wheelchair. My left knee is swollen, inflamed, and causing intense pain whenever i put weight on my left leg. I could barely walk this morning making me realize how vulnerable humans are once one leg is unusable. I believe it is chrondomalacia, an inflamed knee cap, typical of a deformed knee from nail-patella syndrome. Unfortunately, all the NSAIDS that I have been prescribed (Vioxx, Bextra) are deemed unsafe by my standards. I am resorting to elevation and ice packs for pain relief and aid the swelling. I'll be damned if I will risk a stroke or heart attack and take these non steroidal anti-inflammatories, yet I must agree they do work well. Too bad the risk of serious heart events is more than I am comfortable with.

No comments: