My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

1.14.2006

Song in my head: Oh, you stupid thing.....stopping it all before it even started.........Aimee Mann (dedicated to George W. Bush)






Medicareless

Medicare Official Acknowledges Problems
By KEVIN FREKING Associated Press Writer
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Tens of thousands of elderly poor people may have had trouble getting their medicine during the first two weeks of the government's prescription drug benefit, and about 20 states have been forced to step in to help them, the top Medicare official acknowledges. KGW, by subscription


May have had? Have had. I have had lots of problems. I have been overcharged and am paying full price for my meds at this point. $50 bucks out of pocket, when it was supposed to be $6. I did finagle one migraine pill from my pharmacist today, who will bill me later when things get straightened out.


I did receive my new Clear Choice Insurance card in the mail today. It actually said I had no Plan D prescription coverage even when i enrolled in the plan weeks ago. I have to pay $82.50 a month for this? I can't even get an insurance card printed correctly. If I pay for my meds this month that means i don't have enough to pay for my supplemental medicare bill of $82.50. I don't think they would take it too kindly if I deducted my out of pocket costs of $50 off of my monthly premium. But, I am thinking why sign up for this shit anyway. About 20 states have announced their assistance to the elderly and alter-abled,



Yesterday, Ohio and Wisconsin announced that they will cover the drug costs of low-income seniors who would otherwise go without, joining every state in New England as well as California, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Dakota and New Jersey. michaelmoore.com

related links:

Kaiser Daily Health Policy Report provides editorial summaries regarding the new Medicare Drug Plan

Eschaton's Medicare thread....A phiery wreck.

The PhEMA-ization of Medicare....by Needlenose

What's Your Problem?.......No More Mister Nice Blog

Is it ineptness?....Lawyers, Guns, and Money

Granny get your gun.......via The talking dog at The American Street

Phucking up a clusterphuck...Suburban Guerrilla

No comments: