My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.17.2007

Democratic Presidential Candidate Bill Richardson advocates for medical marijuana in his state of New Mexico. New Mexico will be the 12th state to legalize medical marijuana for ill patients who have the support of their doctor. Richardon is willing to take the risk because..Via MSNBC

It's the right thing to do," said Richardson, one of the candidates in the crowded 2008 field. "What we're talking about is 160 people in deep pain. It only affects them."
I support candidates like this that are willing to take a risk and place compassion over politics. More of this please!!! Although I prefer progressives over conservatives, I will support any candidate at any level of government service who puts universal health care and medical marijuana as their main goal. The health care problem is serious enough that I will compromise some of my ideals so we can all have affordable health care options. I know too many peopl who have gone bankrupt because of outrageous health care prices whether it be a car accident or having to have an emergency C-section. Our nation is only as healthy as its citizens and right now we are one sick nation...and can we have some improvements in dental and psychiatric care. Sigh.

No comments: