My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.14.2007

I know nothink! [via]

Song in my head:

I'm free to do what I want...
any old time...

Rolling Stones

Er, maybe not.....


Sen. John Sununu of New Hampshire on Wednesday became the first Republican in
Congress to call for Attorney General Alberto Gonzales' dismissal, hours
after President Bush expressed confidence in his embattled Cabinet officer.
"Ithink the president should replace him," Sununu said in an interview
with TheAssociated Press.Gonzales has been fending off Democratic calls for his
firing in the wake of disclosures surrounding the ousters of eight U.S.
attorneys
. LINK




Stone Me to Death

There was an interesting, but disapointing court decision regarding the use of medical marijuana in California.
CNN reports....

A California woman whose doctor says marijuana is the only medicine keeping
her alive is not immune from federal prosecution on drug charges, a federal
appeals court ruled Wednesday. The case was brought by Angel Raich, an
Oakland mother of two who suffers from scoliosis, a brain tumor, chronic nausea
and other ailments. On her doctor's advice, she eats or smokes marijuana every
couple of hours to ease her pain and bolster a nonexistent appetite as
conventional drugs did not work.

Raich can be charged by federal prosecutors for using a plant to keep her well. Her story reminds me of George M's who is one of five federal medical marijuana recipients and author of the book Prescription Pot. George and I share the syndrome (nail patella syndrome)that is debilitating and painful. We have a 30% chance to die of kidney failure so it is imperative that I use safe non toxic drugs for pain. Opiate based narcotics (ie. Vicoden, Oxycontin) are notoriously hard on the liver and kidney and should not be used for long term pain. I applaud Angel and George in their firm stance to use cannabis for pain, to alleviate their suffering and have a quality life.

No comments: