My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.05.2008




Phundraising Drive 2008




Due to the rising costs of medical care I need to raise $125,000 to ensure I have enough money to set aside for my health care expenses.

Is your nest egg big enough to cover the rising costs of health care?

Fidelity Investments says the average 65-year-old couple should have $225,000 set aside for medical expenses if they're retiring in 2008. That's a 4.7% increase over last year's estimate. LINK

Your contribution would be greatly appreciated on day 1 of my phundraising drive.!


Okay
,....


...the chances of me raising even 1% of $125K is greater than winning the lottery but that's how some Oregonians are going to win big in a health insurance pool.

Oregon is conducting a one-of-a-kind lottery, and the prize is health insurance.

The state will start drawing names this week for the chance to enroll in a health care program designed for people not poor enough for Medicaid but too cash-strapped to buy their own insurance.

More than 80,000 people have signed up since registration for the lottery opened in January. Only a few thousand will be chosen for the program. Yahoo Link

It's a sad day when we have to rely on Lady Luck to provide health insurance.

No comments: