My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

12.18.2008

Phriday Cat blogging



Reading is Phundamental

Oregon State University Professor (my alma mater) Jane Lubchenco is the first woman to head the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration!! Oregonian Link

A walking house.. via N55

Health care workers can refuse to perform medical procedures if they have a moral dilemma or it offends their ethics. Bleh. Shakesville Link

Social Security Disability offices are underfunded which results in a lack of a regular review of your disability case. The Oregonian blames the alter-abled, wrongly so in my humble opinion. Oregonian Link

My disability case has already been reviewed once in the 6 years I have been on disability. In my case, I needed a lot of medical chart notes, from a variety of doctors, to prove my disability has not improved. This was an easy task for someone with nail-patella syndrome... as surgery to fix all of my permanently dislocated joints is unrealistic. For the people whose health has improved.... you are cheating the authentic alter-abled from receiving their justified, deserved benefits......... Shame on you.

Oregonians in need of assistance to afford groceries rises. Corvallis-Gazette Times Link

Talk therapy is just as effective as anti-depressants for mild or moderate depression BBC News Link

The Advice Goddess is a judge-mental soul who is neither a disability lawyer or a medical professional. Boo..Hiss Link


eBookmark and Share

No comments: