My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

8.26.2009

I Almost Got Dropped From My Supplemental Medicare Plan

I got a letter several weeks ago from Samaritan Advantage Health Plan, my supplemental Medicare Insurance provider. They wanted me to join a "Special Needs Plan" a new health insurance plan that has no premiums. It was offered to folks who are eligible for the low income subsidy. It sounded too good to be true. After scouring their web site for more information I could not believe what I discovered..

Unless you are a member of a Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan (SNP) for chronic conditions, we cannot ask you to leave your health plan for any health-related reasons. Link
Ummm, so i join up but you can ask me to leave because I have chronic conditions. Like WTF? I am sure glad I read this web page, damn insurance companies. And some people say we have the best health care in the world. Bullshit.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: