My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

12.07.2009

~Bumper Sticker Siting~

Careful Man...There's A Beverage In Here



Marriage Schmarriage

To hell with the stereotype of being an old maid, I just don't want to be married. and living alone is wonderfully calm.

Never Married, Over 40, Well-Adjusted

A new study looking at psychological measures shows that never-married people aged 40 and up can be just as resourceful, psychologically speaking, as their married counterparts.

Wait, there's more.

"If you look at never marrieds who are high on mastery -- they feel like they are in the driver's seat and in control of their lives -- and high on self-sufficiency -- they know how to take care of themselves -- they actually have better emotional well-being than married people," said study author Jamila Bookwala, an associate professor of psychology at Lafayette College in Easton, Pa. Her report is published in the Nov. 30 issue of the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. Yahoo Link

I think I am addicted to the autonomy of being single. I would say that 80% of the time living alone is my preferred life style choice. The other 20% is a void that is easily fixed with a wrassle with my dog, a telephone call to friends or family, a visit to the local coffee house, or indulging in one of my favorite hobbies.


Bookmark and Share





No comments: