My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.16.2003

Song in My Head: If I Had a Hammer

When War Is the Best Medicine

By Bill Frist
Sunday, March 16, 2003

Physicians and policymakers have an imperative duty to help keep people healthy and alive. In doing so, preventive care is always preferable to the treatment of avoidable disease. Understanding the causes of disease and death enables prevention. Physicians and policymakers must gather and evaluate critical information to meet our obligation to protect humanity by preventing illness and death.


This has got to be the worst written piece of crap I have seen all year. Mr. Bill's arguments have as many holes in it as a piece of cheesecloth. This is the introduction and I am seething with rage.

First, comparing preventative health care, like Pap smears and immunizations, to war and bombs is ludicrous.

Excuse me while I hurl.

That's better.

Second, if the role of Doctor's is to prevent and research diseases, how come my insurance will not cover Fibromyalgia and my rare genetic illness; 2 illnesses that I am afflicted with.

Thirdly, if the role of a doctor is to prevent, treat and reserch illnesses why are you in politics? How come we don't have universal health care?

If I took all the medicine I have prescribed to me (Effexor, Elavil, Trazadone, Bextra, Phosomax, Xalatan, vicaden I would be sedated enough to buy into this crap. Better yet, I will flush all these meds and roll a joint and contemplate a world w/out war.

No comments: