My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

12.30.2003

Song in my Head: Love doesn't come in a minute....Sometimes it doesn't come at all....I only know that when I'm in it.....It isn't silly, love isn't silly, love isn't silly at all.....McCartney


In Season: Maple Blazer Bluntz


Alter-Abled News


CRUSADER FOR POT DIES AFTER MS FIGHT

Londoner Lynn Harichy, whose efforts helped to legalize medicinal marijuana use in Canada, died Christmas Day after a lengthy battle with multiple sclerosis. She was 42. As part of a national network of lobbyists, Harichy was a longtime crusader for the legalization of pot for medicinal uses. She once lit up a joint on the steps of London police station, an act that led to her arrest.
(link)


From DB's Medical Rants:
" We need a better method for controlling physicians who overprescribe pain medications. DEA arrests are not the answer."


No comments: