My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

2.26.2004

Singing: If you're going to San Francisco......you're going to be meet some gentle people.....Scott McKenzie

In season: R A G E


How much bad news can we take?! Jeebus, and it's only Thursday. What load o' crap are they going to force feed us this Friday afternoon. Expect the worst.....


ALTER-ABLED NEWS

In another court victory for medical marijuana patients, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denied the government's motion for an en banc review of the Raich-Monson decision, protecting patients from federal prosecution for personal use possession and cultivation of medical marijuana. Not a single judge on the circuit voted to accept the government's request.

A separate government motion for a rehearing by the original 3-judge panel that wrote the decision was likewise turned down. The government's only recourse to reverse the Raich-Monson decision is to appeal to the Supreme Court. The government has 90 days to file a petition for certiorari.
|link|

Raich and Monson protects patients from federal arrest for personal use & cultivation of cannabis for medical purposes.


From Whiskey Bar: Almost a third of Americans say paying for prescription drugs is a problem in their families, and many are cutting dosages to deal with the crunch, according to a poll by The Associated Press. |link|

Yup, that would be me. I cut my migraine meds (Axert) in half to make them last.


and One Final Outrage:

I sent this Tom Tomorrow post to my 19 year old college student son. Just a subtle hint to my quite conservative youngest son. My other son is 22, an extremely independent artsy anarchist non-voter type. Both would still be eligible for the draft.

Feel A Draft Coming On?

I want to reiterate something Bob wrote below--if you're between the ages of 18 and 24, give or take, and you vote for Bush in November, I hope you do so understanding that you are almost certainly voting for the return of the draft soon thereafter.


No comments: