My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

5.17.2004



Song in my head: I'm getting married in the morning....................Last One Speaks

ALTER-ABLED NEWS

Court: Disabled Alter-abled People Can Sue States |Link|

So, how did our Supreme Court Justices vote?

The unequal treatment of disabled persons in the administration of judicial services has a long history, and has persisted despite several legislative efforts to remedy the problem," Justice John Paul Stevens wrote.

He was joined by Justices Sandra Day O'Connor, David H. Souter, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Stephen Breyer.


[...]

Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist, chief architect of that states rights push, dissented in Monday's case. Justices Antonin Scalia, Anthony M. Kennedy and Clarence Thomas also dissented





No comments: