My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

11.12.2004

Song in my head: Jesus Christ superstar....do you think you're what they say you are?..............Andrew Lloyd Webber

ALTER-ABLED NEWS


~ Vioxx might have contributed to more than 27,000 deaths from 1999-2003 LINK

~ Federal Drug reviewer criticizes FDA LINK

I took Vioxx for a while. I'm glad I didn't experience the sudden cardiac death part. My doctor is pushing Bextra on me now. Look what I find in the NYT....

New Study Links Pfizer's Bextra, Similar to Vioxx, to Heart Attacks

The incidence of heart attacks and strokes among patients given Pfizer's painkiller Bextra was more than double that of those given placebos, according to preliminary results of a study presented yesterday at the American Heart Association meeting in New Orleans. LINK

Thanks Doc!, but I prefer my medical marijuana, with its mild side effects, to your heart damaging COX2 inhibitors, the newest rage in ostoe-arthritis pain relief.




No comments: