My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

11.10.2004



Song in my head:.........once is never enough with a man like you.......Captain and Tenille (thank you commentor PickleMeElmo)


ALTER-ABLED NEWS

Oregon, the rainy and cold state....takes disabled alter-abled parking spots from employees.


State workers lose handicapped-parking spots

They instead will go to visitors, angering some employees

State employees are being kicked out of on-street handicapped parking in the Capitol Mall area to free up those spots for visitors.

[...]

Secretary of state computer analyst Vivian Staggs began parking on the street while undergoing chemotherapy. She has received two warnings from the city. "Because it takes so much out of me physically, I just can't walk very far," Staggs said. LINK

Due to mobility issues, I would be livid if my employer made me park a long distance away from my workplace. Could you imagine being in a wheel chair, coming out of work on a wet, dark December evening, having to transport yourself several blocks away? Besides being unsafe, it's just plain wrong.

No comments: