My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.16.2005



Song in my head:
Nothin's more insultin' than the xenophobic Bolton at The U..N.......................Mad Kane

ALTER-ABLED NEWS

Chronic pain sufferers................Ever try hypnosis??........

Although hypnosis has been shown to reduce pain perception, it is not clear how the technique works. Identifying a sound, scientific explanation for hypnosis' effect might increase acceptance and use of this safe pain-reduction option in clinical settings. -LINK-


I must admit I do get tired of smoking to relieve chronic pain. Hopefully, within my life time cannabis sprays will be commonplace.Then I can get rid of my glass medical delivery devices and avoid the smoke.

GW has had a roller-coaster ride with Sativex, an under-the-tongue cannabis spray to treat the symptoms of multiple sclerosis and neuropathic pain.

The drug has won qualified approval in Canada, but is still awaiting a green light in Britain, where approval has been repeatedly delayed. -LINK-

Pain from fibromyalgia is different than the acute pain of osteo arthritis I feel in my joints this winter. Right now I feel like mountain lion prey with an inflamed knee. But when the muscles are affected with fibromyalgia there is a dull ache from tight tense muscles. Fortunately, pain relief is becoming more comprehensive, including the body, mind, and spirit.

While fibromyalgia was once dismissed by most doctors, hundreds of studies have looked at the diagnosis and treatment of this condition over the past 25 years. Even though the precise cause is still unclear, a review published recently in the
New England Journal of Medicine confirms that many people with fibromyalgia will find relief if they try a combination of medication and non-drug therapies -LINK-

Because of a predisposition to kidny failure I am cautious using non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (Motrin, naproxen, Bextra). Why the fuck then have I never heard of topical NSAIDS from my well paid family physician. I plan on printing out this article and take it to my next doctor's appointment.

Symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee, including pain and stiffness, were significantly improved in patients who used a topical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), according to an article in the October 11 issue of the Archives of Internal Medicine, one of the JAMA/Archives journals. -LINK-


No comments: