My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

5.15.2005


S
ong in my head
:
But how do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume?.....It isn't easy, but I'll try......................................................Lulu



TOLERANCE IS PHUNDAMENTAL

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! I completely agree with PenElayne on this one......

Well, this is a little disturbing - Matt Yglesias, Kevin Drum and Ezra Klein all seem to think some folks are making too big a deal out of people who want to put up religious displays in public places. Like, you know, we have bigger fish to fry, or something. Digby has a wonderful response to this that's immediately gone into my Koufax 2005 nominations bin (I have less than 10 posts saved in that section and three belong to Digby), but I wanted to put in my two cents, having grown up Jewish in a very Christian neighborhood.

Instead of the archaic idea that we honor one religion by placing The Ten Commandments on public properties, I would love to see more of this in public view.......from the Unitarian Universalists webpage...

With its historical roots in the Jewish and Christian traditions, Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion -- that is, a religion that keeps an open mind to the religious questions people have struggled with in all times and places. We believe that personal experience, conscience and reason should be the final authorities in religion, and that in the end religious authority lies not in a book or person or institution, but in ourselves. We are a "non-creedal" religion: we do not ask anyone to subscribe to a creed.

It seems what America is all about....


BUMPERSTICKER SITINGS

~MISSION NOTHING ACCOMPLISHED~

~SAVE THE PLANET, KILL YOURSELF~



No comments: