My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

8.30.2005



Song in my head: People.....people who need people....................................Barbra

Phood Banks are Phundamental

.....for people like me living on social security disability payments. I went to FISH, my communities food bank to pick up my monthly allottment of food. This is the "healthy food" I received so I don't starve or die from malnutrition : A box of Trix cereal, a box of low fat Triscuits, margarine, some frozen mystery meat, a jar of peanut butter, a box of rice-a-roni, frozen green beans, boxed soy milk, a package of premade pudding, canned beef stew, tuna fish, tomato sauce, frozen mac and cheese, canned peaches, canned pineapple, top ramen, a power bar, canned corn and some frozen pot stickers.

Don't get me wrong , I'm grateful for the food assistance. I live in a small town so the folks living in poverty get a generous care package. It's just difficult living in poverty. That's all.