My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

12.01.2005


Song in my head: Rapture...be pure...take a tour through the sewer....don't strain your brain...Paint a train...and you'll be singing in the rain..........Blondie


Living in Limbo

- Limbo -- the place where the Catholic Church teaches that babies go if they die before being baptized -- may have its days numbered. According to Italian media reports on Tuesday, an international theological commission will advise Pope Benedict to eliminate the teaching about limbo from the Catholic catechism. -LINK-


What if you are baptized as a baby and the priest ends up to be a fake? Which is what happened to me. From one of my earlier posts:

Trauma's of My Childhood, part II

I mentioned here, that I was baptized, and made my communion, and confirmation in a Catholic Church on Long Island, NY. This is mostly true, except for the baptized part. You see, when I was 16 years old, my Mom, while reading Newsday one afternoon, screamed "Oh my God. The priest that baptized you was a phony, a fake priest. Do you want to get re-baptized?"

"Nah," I say. "God will understand."



No comments: