My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

6.27.2006


S
ong in my head: Slip slidin away....You know the nearer your destination...The more youre slip slidin away.........Paul Simon


My Son Shine

I'm the proud Mom of a young man in college and part of his college tuition is paid via federal college loans. The federal government recently raised the interest rates on federal student loans from 3.5% to 7.5%. The grace period after graduation to pay back these loans have been reduced from 6 months to one month. Anyway, I have a huge task ahead of me helping him consolidate his loans and file the paperwork before the deadline which is on July 1, 2006. Thanks President Bush...making college loans more expensive with more young adults left behind.


No comments: