My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.08.2007

[AP Photo/Gerald Herbert]

Song in my head:

I am woman hear me snore.....

Inspired by Helen Reddy


Is anyone else sick and tired of being sick and tired? Apparently I am not the only one with chronic fatigue. Check out this statistic from a recent Newsweek article....

In a new national survey, 60 percent of American women say they don't get enough sleep.

Talk about a public health crisis. A nation of tired women...This study makes a great case for shorter work weeks and more vacation time. Being drowsy affects so many parts of your life as I know from personal experience. Try staying competively employed when exhausted all the time. Being drowsy impairs driving. It affects mood and behavior negatively. Concentration becomes poor. A social life isn't possible if you are exhausted all the time which diminishes your quality of life. We are a nation of exhausted people and if you do not have health insurance it is hard to remedy the situation. What's sad is this excerpt from the article...

More than half of the women polled (55 percent) reported that they felt unhappy, sad or depressed in the past month and a third said they had recently felt hopeless about the future.

So many people hopeless about the future. I can relate to that. Without affordable health care no one can afford to remedy their sleep problems. Without adequate vacation time from work how are people supposed to resolve these significant health problems? The whole system is so messed up with no remedy in the near future of course we feel hopeless. The whole situation just pisses me off and makes me feel like a big ole nobody.

No comments: