My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

8.11.2007

Pot Makes You Psychotic ...Unless it Doesn't....

According to a recent article found at CNN, pot can make you psychotic. Unfortunately they don't have proof of this but it kinda makes sense to researchers at the British Health Department who presented non conclusive evidence and were paid by drug companies to attend drug company related meetings.

"The available evidence now suggests that cannabis is not as harmless as many people think," said Dr. Stanley Zammit, one of the study's authors and a lecturer in the department of psychological medicine at Cardiff University.

The researchers said they couldn't prove that marijuana use itself increases the risk of psychosis, a category of several disorders with schizophrenia being the most commonly known.

I am a legal pot smoker and pot might help me to sleep, curb nausea, take the edge off chronic pain but if anything it makes me less psychotic. All the pot heads I know are peace loving, calm, responsible citizens who don't like getting psycho and stupid on alcohol and who want to catch a buzz on the weekends. I tell ya the only time I feel psychotic is when a scientific study is published with very little methodology revealed and the researchers were bought off. In other words I feel psycho when I am being lied to.



No comments: