My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

10.27.2008

Faster Federal Disability Approvals

Great news who are stuck for years waiting for thier social security disability claim to get approved....via Suburban Guerrilla.

People with cancers and other severe medical conditions will get quicker action on disability claims under a new Social Security program. Salon.com Link

It took me three and a half years to get my disability application approved, despite significant medical evidence I had accumulated over the years. It was the most horrible time of my life.

Here is a link to the list of 50 rare diseases and cancers that are approved for quick approval. SSA Link. The debilitating conditions I have, Nail-Patella Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, are not on the list.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: