My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

2.28.2010

Truckloads of Toxic Waste

President Obama's plan to build more nuclear power plants to serve our energy needs is just maddening and uninformed. I was hoping he would promote cleaner, earth friendly technology and no that does not include "clean coal", a horrible oxymoron. So, when i read that stimulus money is going to move radioactive waste from a hazardous waste site in Washington State to New Mexico, I officially have given up any dreams of hope or change for my country.

The U.S. Department of Energy plans to resume shipping radioactive waste from the Hanford nuclear reservation to a repository in New Mexico in early March. KGW Link
May the truck drivers have safe journeys and avoid wrecks that might spill radioactive waste which will contaminate the land, air or water and be expensive to clean up.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: