My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

3.18.2003

Todays Newsday, (I read it daily because I grew up in Suffolk County, LI.. Exit 61. I think..Lake Ronkonkoma area.) This story about:

March 18, 2003 | TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (AP) -- A decorated Gulf War veteran who claimed his exposure to Iraqi nerve gas caused him to rape and kill a female soldier was executed by injection Tuesday.
Louis Jones Jr., 53, died by injection at the U.S. Penitentiary near Terre Haute

His attorneys said exposure to the gas caused severe brain damage that led him to kill. The issue was not raised at Jones' trial because he became aware of the exposure only afterward.

THis article disturbs the hell out of me.........................

No comments: