My photo
Corvallis, OR, United States
My personal obsession with prion diseases with smidges of music I like and rescue dog advocacy from a disabled Oregonian.

11.25.2003

Song in my head: Don't cry for me, Argentina........................................Madonna

In Season: nanoscience, green graves


Alter-Abled News

Rep. Peter DeFazio's prescription calculator, calculates prescription coverage under the new Medicare Bill. It won't be in effect until 2006, Here are my results.....

2003: $325/yr for Oregon Health plan with copays on prescription drugs

February 2004-2006: Medicare $5,870/yr prescription drugs

2006: $4,058/yr in presription drugs

So... for the next two years I will pay $5,870 yearly to keep myself healthy until the magic year of 2006, where I will be responsible for the first $2,850 a year in costs, but only pay 69% of $5,870 which is $4,059. So, in 2 years I will be saving a whopping $181 a year. Boy, I can hardly wait. .

Emma exclaims...................

Darth is in power, and the Empire is marching (on those spindly walker-legs) right at the rebels. We've got two choices: pull ourselves together and fight ,or continue to screw around and be wiped out. Seriously.

How many times are we going to get kicked in the head before we get organized and start fighting back?


From CNN.......

Medical marijuana distributors get probation

Thank you, Honorable Judge Matz!



No comments: